Game Trading Technologies, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: GMTD, “GTTI”), a leading provider of comprehensive trading solutions for video game retailers, publishers, rental companies and consumers, has released ‘GameBook Mobile’ app for Google’s Android mobile operating systems. The GameBook Mobile app is available today as a free download from the Android Market on Android-powered devices.
GameBook Mobile, which has been long enjoyed by users on the Apple iOS platform, provides detailed information regarding the latest and greatest video games. Its easy-to-use interface allows users to build, value, manage and trade their personal video game software collections. The application also provides current market values for DVD/Blu-ray movies, as well as Apple iPods and other video game hardware.
Utilizing GTTI’s proprietary market pricing technology, GameBook Mobile is believed to be the only application that can track more than 75,000 video games, consoles, iPods and thousands of Blu-ray DVD movie titles in real-time. GameBook Mobile’s expansive database offers users the opportunity to maximize the trade-in value of these items in exchange for retailer gift cards, PayPal funds, or cash.
GameBook Mobile is packed with powerful features and tools, including:
- “Track Your Collection” allows you to search for and track the current market value for virtually any video-related entertainment item you own, whether it is a game title, game system, movie or an iPod.
- “Trade Trend” key allows you to monitor trading price direction, helping you to receive the highest trade prices on video game software and hardware as listed on GTTI’s Gamers Factory website (www.gamersfactory.com).
- “Trade-O-Meter” helps you decide between your games and systems that are “keepers” vs. the items you have conquered and earmarked for trade.
- “Store Locator” finds the closest retail location to trade in your video games, iPods or DVD movies for cash or gift cards.
- “Want List” lets you search for, list, and email the names of the video games, iPods and DVD/Blu-ray movies you want the most.
- “Send” gives you the ability to email your collection details and games you want to trade to wherever you want, so you can trade your games for cash, PayPal funds or gift cards.
- “UPC Search” scans the video game and DVD/Blu-ray movie barcode using the camera on your phone, which makes adding and valuing your games and movies a snap.
“Now with the addition of GameBook Mobile for Android devices, more mobile users can conveniently manage, value and trade in their old video-related entertainment items for new merchandise, a gift card or cash to purchase other items they crave,” commented Todd Hays, CEO of Game Trading Technologies. “We expect this expanded universe of users to significantly increase the activity of our proprietary pricing system, and drive more users to our retail and online partners who participate in our trade-in and distribution programs.”
To appreciate just how simple it is to trade individual digital entertainment items or entire collections on GTTI’s Gamers Factory web site, www.gamersfactory.com, watch their “How to Trade” video on the GFIGameBook Channel at: www.youtube.com/user/GFIGameBook.
GTTI’s free GameBook Mobile app is available for download within the Android Market on Android-powered devices, and is available for Apple iPhones, iPods, and iPads through iTunes.
About Game Trading Technologies, Inc.
Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Hunt Valley, MD, Game Trading Technologies, Inc. (GTTI) is a leading video game trading services provider focused on valuation, procurement, refurbishment, and redistribution of pre-owned video games. GTTI offers unique services, supported by innovative technologies to an array of national firms, allowing them to better serve customers who want to trade their games for store credit or purchase pre-owned games. The foundation of most of these relationships is GTTI’s proprietary game trading database that updates values on more than 10,000 video games and consoles on a daily basis according to market conditions. GTTI shares are quoted on the OTC Bulletin Board under the symbol “GMTD.” Additional information is available at www.gtti.com or by calling (877) 631-GAME (4263).
“Like Us” on Facebook:
Follow GTTI on Twitter:
Forward Looking Statements
This news release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 including statements that reflect GTTI’s current expectations about its future results, performance, prospects and opportunities. GTTI has tried to identify these forward-looking statements by using words and phrases such as “may,” “will,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “believes,” “intends,” “estimates,” “plan,” “should,” “typical,” “preliminary,” “hope,” or similar expressions. These forward-looking statements are based on information currently available to GTTI and are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause GTTI’s actual results, performance, prospects or opportunities during the remainder of 2010 and beyond to differ materially from those expressed in, or implied by, these forward-looking statements. These risks are referenced in Game Trading Technologies’ filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission which may be found at www.sec.gov.
|Game Trading Technologies, Inc.|
|Tel: 877-631-GAME (4263)|
|Investor Relation Contact:|
|Scott Liolios or Matt Glover|
|Liolios Group, Inc.|
Filed under: Business
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!